Wednesday, March 31, 2010

He's learning


Blake has done some pretty funny things lately that I thought I should post before I forget.
1. Blake was playing with Aaron's phone (his phone is probably his favorite thing to play with). The phone has a picture of Blake on it, which Blake saw, pointed to the picture and said, "you". I guess we need to stop telling him that's you and say that's Blake.
2. I frequently ask Blake questions and never get a response--unusual right? Well, yesterday at the park I asked him if he wanted to go home. He responded this time with..."no". We stayed a little bit longer.
3. Blake is great at going up the stairs and now at going down the stairs, but can't really transition himself yet from crawling over to the stairs to go down, so he will usually wait for someone to turn his body for him. Sometimes he doesn't want to go upstairs when I want him to (surprise), so what I have done is to put a toy a couple of stairs above, then once we get close to the toy I move the toy up another couple of stairs and keep doing this until we make it upstairs. Yesterday, we were upstairs and he took a toy over and put it on the first stair going down and just looked at me. It didn't take me too long to figure out that someone wanted to go downstairs.
4. Blake is a little social guy. At the park, he is always "talking" to his little friends, but most of them usually don't "talk" back. He will now even wave bye to his friends, but nothing in return. So, as you can imagine, when we go to stores where there are adults who love kids, he has a blast. I am pretty sure Blake is known by all the staff at our local grocery store. He always gives them a cheesy smile (he has 2 smiles..his real one and the fake, cheesy smile) and then will wave to them when we leave. Of course it is a bonus when other costumers come up to Blake--he loves that and will give them the same cheesy smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment