Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stop me if you've heard this one.

I have a few stories for you this time around.  With any luck at least of them will make you laugh.  So, without further adu:

I started the workout program, Insanity, last week.  I try to get my workout in before the midgets get up.  It is just way easier that way.  However, on occasion I am less than successful at finishing before I hear little feet running down the stairs.  Last Tuesday, I was wrapping up, had about 10 minutes left in the workout video for that day and I was sweating.  I mean sweating.  Blake walks in and looks at me and with a very concerned look on his face he asked me, "Daddy, why are you melting?"  How does one keep it together enough to exercise with questions like that?

Michelle's brother, James, has been staying with us. After he finished in the shower the other day, he was in his room getting ready to go out.  Blake needed to use the bathroom so we took him there.  As we entered the bathroom, Blake began to sniff the air.  He sniffed a few times and said, "Hmm, smells like James."  Michelle and I asked him what James smells like.  He replied with, "A crocodile."  So, ladies out there beware there's a crocodile on the loose. 

When Dylan is hungry, Dylan is hungry and he gets pretty cranky.  The other day he was in need of some nourishment and wasn't getting it as fast as he would have preferred.  Blake all annoyed at his brother's loudness said, "What a wimp!"  I guess I may have been a little too loud last time I shared my feelings on that exact topic.  It's a lesson to you all out there, mind what you say around kids. :)

Blake is really into our first names now.  I get called Aaron at least once or twice a day by him.  Michelle less so, but he will still throw it out there occasionally.  This morning as a family we were discussing the plans for the day, cleaning, shopping, playing, etc...  Michelle said to Blake, "So after we run our errands, we can play."  Blakey apparently hearing Aaron and not errand, said, "No, I think we should run some Blakies instead."  You can't argue with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment