Monday, October 15, 2012

Deal me in, baby!

You may disagree with me, but you'd be wrong.  I have the funniest kid alive, maybe even of all time (I don't know as I wasn't there when Noah was around and reportedly his kid Ham was a hoot).

Yesterday morning, we were all siting around the table.  Blake was getting ready to eat some "wassles".  After saying a prayer, he looks around, places his hands behind his head and while stretching says, "Deal me in, Baby!"

Now, we're not gamblers, nor do we watch anything besides kids shows while he's around, so where he came up with "deal me in" let alone "deal me in, baby" is a huge mystery.  It might battle the other great mysteries like "what came first the chicken or the egg?", "did Adam have a belly button?" or "who are 'the Others' on Lost?" for the greatest mystery of all time.


Later that day, after church we were eating dinner---I know, I know, is there ever a time when I don't start out a story with "while we were eating.."?  I mentioned to Blake that I was going to go to a basketball game of one of my seminary students this weekend and that he could come with me if he wanted to.  He asked if Michelle was going to come with us.  Michelle said that she probably couldn't come as Dylan wouldn't last long sitting through a basketball game.  Blake then looks at Michelle's brother, James, and says "James, can you watch Dylan while me, Daddy, and Mommy  go to the basketball game?  You can stay here with him, because he has to go somewhere?"

Blake's not shy about asking for what he wants.  Now, I need to look for a way for me to capitalize  on that somehow.

As a side note, Dylan loves playing with his trains.  Thought this was a fun video.  Hope you like it.



1 comment:

  1. lol... i love how he laughs with his mouth wide open but no noise! as always, good reads from the johnson blog.

    ReplyDelete