Monday, December 15, 2014

Who wears white socks? Can someone break my arm?

Blake wanted to go outside yesterday, so we threw some shoes on.  As we were leaving, Dylan got the urge to come with us.  So, I told him to get some shoes on so he could come with us.  He already had socks on, so I figured it wouldn't take all that much extra effort to get Dylan ready to go too. Sure…… Well, after a few minutes of trying to decide which shoes to wear, I stepped away to get my sunglasses.  When I came back, Dylan had one sandal on over his sock.  At this point, I didn't care and just wanted to leave.  I grabbed the other sandal to help him put it on and he looks down at his sandal and sock covered foot and looks back up at me.  He gets this thoughtful look on his face and then shakes his head.  Apparently he picked up on this fashion faux pas normally perpetrated by old men, and decided he didn't want any of it. He says, “No dad.  I don’t want to be the old man with socks.” 
Classic--- “No dad.  I don’t want to be the old man with socks.”  You hear that grandpa? 
He ended up picking his white shoes (for those that care). 


As Michelle mentioned, this past weekend we decorated some gingerbread people.  We decided people were easier to work with than houses (as they don’t always like to stay up long enough to finish decorating them), however, I digress.  We finished adding the final touches and Michelle took a few pictures, but then it was time to eat.  Dylan went straight for the candy and frosting, while everyone else wanted to eat the gingerbread along with its candy toppings.  So, Michelle and I broke the arms off and started eating.  Blake wanted in too.  He asked, “Can someone break my arm off too?”   Dylan then looked up from his gorging and was interested in what we were doing.  He then followed suit and asked, “Can someone break my arm too?”  He then looked at us and put on his funny ‘wait-a-second’ face.  He then laughed and said, “No, don’t break myself, break hisself” as he points to his gingerbread man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment