Sunday, November 6, 2011

Discharged

After long visits and discussions with doctors, I agreed that I would sit in the NICU all day and do all the feedings so that Dylan could be released.
This was the last NICU room that he was in. He was in 4 different locations within the NICU.

Here Dylan is waiting to go home.
Blake loves his little brother. He gives him lots of kisses and wants to hold him...for about 30 seconds. Blake reacted a lot better than I thought he would. We will see if that changes, but so far he really likes him. We are really happy and fortunate to be home. So many of the families in the NICU have been there for months and we were there for a week. I learned that while most of the nurses and doctors are great, you have to be really involved during rounds so that you can add your input. One of the doctors had my back the whole time...I liked that doctor. We have so many doctors visits in the near future and we still don't know the results for BWS, but it is nice to be home. He has gone on a couple walks already with the family. We'll see if he likes walks as much as Blake did as a midget. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. It is not easy having a NICU baby! Good luck with the feedings. I know what you're going through, except I didn't have a toddler at home with Jack.

    ReplyDelete