Sunday, January 1, 2012

Got to love it.

Two of the games Blake and I play together deal with him climbing on my back.  The first is what we call "Fly".  He encircles his arms around my neck from the back and counts down from five.  Then shouts "blast off", we then spend the next 5 to 10 minutes running around the house like he is flying.  The next game we play is called "horsey".  I'm on my hands and knees, Blake jumps on my back and well  you guessed it, I'm a horsey.

So, yesterday, while I am laying face down on our bed, Blake climbs up and sits on my back and says, "Okay Daddy.  We can play fly or play horsey, those are the options, okay? Pick one, Daddy."  It took me a while to stop laughing before I could respond.  I acquiesced with horsey. 



Then today, I was sitting on the couch.  I asked Blake if he wants dinner.  He responds with, "Daddy you stay here on the couch.  I'll go make dinner.  Then we'll eat.  Then we'll play.  Okay, sound like a plan?  Daddy?"

"Okay Blake", I say with a chuckle.   He responds while beckoning me on, "Let's go! Come on."


Another fun saying Blake has picked up is "Have fun!"  As I am leaving for work or Michelle is headed running, Blake will frequently call out to us as we are headed out the door, "Have fun! and good luck!"   That'll never get old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment