Friday, April 20, 2012

Annie and the Ladies

For those that have hung out with Blakey for more than 5 minutes know that he loves to play "Get me."  He decided that having someone chase him around the house, park, table, anywhere is extremely entertaining.  So, we frequently play.  The other day I was "getting Blake" running around the house and Michelle inconveniently walked right in the middle of our running area.  As I approached her, I playfully pushed her out of the way so we could continue our fun.  Blake stops and looks at me and says "Daddy, we don't push ladies."   I was taken to task.  How can you argue with that.  Out of the mouths of babes (no, not those babes). 

This morning, Blakey came into our room to wake me up and he says "Daddy, the suns up.  Daddy, the sun is up.  Get up." Now as a Johnson, everything we either say or think comes from movie/tv quote or lyrics from a song.  So, I started singing, "The sun'll come out, tomorrow."  Blake joins in for a few words and then says, "Daddy, who sings that?"    I said, "Blakey, Daddy's singing it."  He says, "No Daddy, Annie sings it."  And promptly leaves the room. 

I don't think we've commented enough on this blog about exactly how much Blake likes to sing or how much he wants us to sing to him.  We run though song after song with him; church songs, primary songs, pop songs, tv theme cartoon songs, and I recently branched out to old 80's prime-time title sequence songs.  The other day I sang the theme song for the "Greatest American Hero".  I've sang it to him for the last few nights.  Last night, Blakey sang every word of that song with me out loud ---it was awesome.  After a few times hearing it, he's already got it.  So, next time you see him, just start singing "Believe it or not" and he'll steal it right from you and finish it.  I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment