Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wow, that was fast

A few odds and needs since I last wrote:
Blake's got a new favorite phrase.  "You've got to be kidding me."
He'll be eating something or someone will say something and he'll just call out "You've got to be kidding me."  It's pretty funny and it will pop out at some pretty random times.

Conjunctions:  You've all seen and heard the most popular conjunctions:  Can't, haven't, aren't.  Well, Blake has been picking up on a lot of those more popular ones.  Well, little did we know that he would just make up one of his own.  Apparently when you join "I am and not" you don't get 'I'm not"  instead you get "I amn't"  So, Blake will now frequently respond to us about not being mean to his brother or if he is done eating, "Dad, I amn't."  So, we're seeing if this one catches on or not.  Feel free to use it as you see fit.  

I asked Blake last night, "Who do you want to say the prayer?"
He responded with, "Hmm, how about Kishkumen?"
We are reading Helamen right now--can you tell?

Finally.  We are back on a walking schedule.  Seems like we were on a hiatus for a while, but we're back to several times a week now.  Yesterday, we were walking around the neighborhood and doing our normal route.  Blake was on this tricycle, sometimes he'll walk with us, sometimes he'll ride his bike (with his helmet), but yesterday he was on his tricycle.  I'm was ahead, in the lead.  Blake always wants to be in the lead, it's a guy thing.  :) So, yesterday while in the lead, I turn around and say, 'Hey Blake, I'm in the lead, I'm winning."
He turns on the after burners and as he gets even with me is says, "Not for long, old man!"
He already thinks he can beat his old man--wow, that was fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment