Monday, October 6, 2014

Texas Storm




Thursday was preschool for Dylan. He had fun and I got some stuff done. Tuesday he had a playdate with his friend, Lacie, which let me get stuff done also.

We went to pick up Blake from school, but Angie ended up driving the kids home in the golf cart. Dylan went with them this time and had a blast. We played at the playground after school for awhile before we went home. She dropped them off at our house and they all played outside for a little while. Then we saw the sky get totally dark....the storm was coming. They went home and about 10 minutes later, it started pouring...hard. 

This was before it was crazy rain, but I was not going outside when it was crazy. It was intense for 30 minutes and then stopped. Then about an hour later, the sun was back out. Later that night, my brother texted me to see how bad the storm had been. He was in New Orleans and was scheduled to have a layover in Dallas, but the storm caused havoc...so much so that his flight was cancelled and couldn't get out until the next morning. I thought it was crazy that such a short storm could cause such trouble...until I heard what damage it actually did. Our city wasn't bad...trees were split in half, branches were everywhere...our pool was dirty, and a flood night outside was blown off our house. But Dallas and Arlington were hit hard, so I guess that is why the airport was impacted so much. It was crazy rain, but we so needed the rain, so we were grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment