Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Moving Truck

Blake was so excited to get the moving truck. We packed up the truck on Saturday. On Thursday (so 2 days before the move day) I was running my normal route and totally ate it. Fell right on my face..messed up my knees, shoulder, face, and hands. I looked amazing with plenty of bandages, but the even better part was how much my hand hurt while moving boxes. The timing was great. When Aaron picked us up from the airport in Texas, he told me I looked ridiculous. It was true.

Kristi, my sister in law, watched the kids on moving day, and we had a bunch of people over from the ward to help us move. We were super organized so it didn't take much time.

Blake had to show Grandpa how to hook up the car carrier.

And of course, he had to tell Grandpa the plan. Blake has a plan for everything...sometimes he will even draw up the plan for you on paper. Typically his plans include getting a slurpee or milkshake or some other kind of treat. By the way, Grandpa was the brave, lucky guy who drove out the moving truck..towing Aaron's car. Aaron drove out my van a few weeks before when he moved. My mom flew with me and the boys to help with them on the flight.

Boxes can be fun, but I never want to see a moving box again! Thanks to everyone who helped. It was a lot of work. There weren't many pictures because um, I was busy. Try buying a house and selling a house, packing a house, dealing with all the fun new things like enrollment that a new job brings..all without the spouse...all while "dealing" with 2 fun kids. We closed on our Texas house July 1 and CA house July 3. July 4 was a happy day (except for those boxes that didn't unpack themselves). Since Aaron moved to TX before we did, he was able to get to know our new ward and recruit people to help us move in on July 3. We did a Costco run with the moving truck and bought some furniture...brilliant idea. My folks were out here for awhile helping us unpack and fix  things up and paint..and play.  Then Aaron's folks came out to help us paint and decorate. Some day I will take some pictures and post them.

So I don't forget...Blake really likes all his grandparents, but he especially likes to "help" grandpa...(my dad) and sometimes grandpa actually likes it. Grandpa typically has on a Hawaiian shirt that has a pocket. We made many trips to Home Depot and Grandpa always had a pen in his pocket and a list of things that we needed. The day they left, Blake had to wear a shirt that had a pocket and he had to put not 1 pen or 2 pens, but about 10 pens in his pocket to be like grandpa...and a list of course. He wouldn't lean over because he told me, "My pens might fall out".  Funny kid. He now writes his own list and brings it to the store. I do the same...minus the 10 pens in my pocket :) He will make up things on his list when we get to the store. "Um, mom, I think we forgot to get some candy. It is right here on my list and I think it is even on sale!"

No comments:

Post a Comment