Thursday, November 14, 2013

Silly Kids


Blake was really excited about what he made at preschool yesterday.

A dance was necessary to go along with it apparently.

Blake story: The other week at Home Depot the boys each received a balloon. Blake took his balloon with him to the park afterwards and it had a slow leak in it, so as we are walking home I was telling him that we will just throw it away when we get home. Blake then said, "No mom. I will go home, put tape on it, then put some paper on it. Then the balloon will be good." Apparently he saw the look on my face because then he said..."Trust me mom..it will work."  A couple days later he told me again, "trust me mom".

While Blake was in preschool, Dylan and I went shopping. We got all our errands done so we were killing a little time before we had to go get Blake again when we discovered a random magnifying glass at our Home Goods store. Wow...Dylan was intrigued.

Dylan story: I was in the front yard doing some yard work during nap time, when I hear someone inside the house at the door saying, "Mommy, where are you?". I open the door and it is Dylan. He smiles and says "Me out". He then takes me by the hand up to his crib and says "Me out" and laughs. We went through this whole getting out of his crib things a couple months ago, so we put his mattress on the floor instead of having it attached to the crib itself..if that makes sense...it gave us another 8 inches or so. Needless to say, he hasn't been taking naps lately. I put him back in his crib, but he get out again. I don't fight it because I know he hasn't been taking naps every day recently anyway...I would hear him just talking/singing in his crib. Knock on wood, he does fine at night, but he does climb out of bed in the morning when he is awake. Since he doesn't take naps, he does sleep in in the morning. Side note: I was talking with some friends whose kid still takes a nap and he is 4. What? Clearly he must not sleep much at night then...oh, he sleeps 11-12 hours at night. What?!

I am just pretty excited that Dylan decided to do this while Aaron is away for a month. Way to score points with mom.....grrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment