Thursday, March 20, 2014

Green smoothie, eye doctor and castle




Blake was super excited for St. Patrick's Day for some reason. We had a green smoothie with our corned beef. Blake liked the smoothie, but Dylan wasn't fooled that some fruit was masking the spinach that was also inside the smoothie. However, they both loved the corned beef.



I was downstairs doing some stuff, came upstairs to find the toys dumped out so that Blake could make his castle. Thank you "Frozen" for inspiring this "creativity".



Blake has been sitting closer to the TV lately so I have been trying to find an eye doctor that accepts our insurance and will see a 4 year old. After Blake asking me when he could see an eye doctor, I figured I needed to get him in soon because why does a kid ask to go to the eye doctor. Anyway, we went earlier this week and found that the eye doctor is great with kids, that Blake's vision is 20/25 with an astigmatism that isn't severe enough to warrant getting glasses...yet. The glasses won't make him see a whole lot better so he won't see wearing them as a benefit. We will keep watching to see if he struggles to see things. Since Aaron and I were both blind before Lasik, we know that it is just a matter of time before our kiddos need glasses. Blake did not like getting his eyes dilated, but I think the main reason was because it made everything blurry for him and he couldn't play outside without wearing sunglasses for the rest of the day. I did have to resort to bribery and so we went to McDonald's after our visit (note the toy in his hand from McD's). I also was reminded that I am grateful that Dylan is the one that has to go to the doctor all the time because he does such a better job. (Although I sure wouldn't mind not having to go to so many doctor visits)  Perhaps he is more used to going to the doctor....or, it is just his easy going personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment