Thursday, August 14, 2014

Packing


Tuesday night when I was putting Blake to bed, he told me that we needed to pack. I told him that we had a couple of days. (We daily look at the calendar to count down the days until Aaron comes home, which is one day before we leave for Nauvoo). Wednesday morning, I didn't hear Blake at all until 8am but he stayed in his room...this is late for my kids. Dylan woke up at his usual 6:30 time. Blake finally came down about 8:15 and I asked what he was doing. He takes me upstairs. I packed! Wait, what?! He can fold his shirts?


Then our friend Reese came over. We went swimming and then they raced and played in the yard. Then Dylan started acting like Blake did the day before. Great.



Blake was certainly making up for the previous day when he was not fun to be around. "Mom, how can I help?" Music to my ears. He wanted to do the dishes and then he swept the floors and cleaned up his toys.


But then he remembered that we had not yet packed their backpacks of activities to do on the trip. You know, because it is Wednesday and we leave on Saturday. (I am kind of bad and pack pretty early, but Blake takes it to a new level...I guess he gets this from me...so sorry bud!) Dylan was really tired, so I put him in his room, but he didn't want to miss what was going on. So I put him on the floor with his blanket. He was out in about 2 minutes even with Blake and I talking and walking around him. We packed some more and vacuumed our car and did some other things before Dylan woke up. Wow...I wish my kid would take a nap every day. We then had a friend come over to look at our wall in our garage to see if we have trouble or not...it looks like we don't have serious trouble, but they need to tear it up and see if there is another kind of trouble (how is that for being vague?)...but we will wait until after we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment