Thursday, August 14, 2014

Swimming


Monday morning, we took Blake to school for his kindergarten testing. We are going to be gone next week while the big launch day is...you find out who your teacher is and get to meet your teacher, and  then get a whole bunch of paperwork. While Blake was testing, I went to the office to give them some more paperwork and  then tried to get as much stuff as I could that they will hand out during the launch. Not everything was ready, so I lined up my friend to come pick up the packets, etc for us the day of the launch. It has been a long time since I was in elementary school, I know, but they are WAY more into security at schools now. It is great and sad at the same time. Oh, we also met the principal. There are usually 4 kinder classes, but this year there are so many kids that there will be 6. When the testing was done, I let the kids play on the playground for a little while. 

After we ate lunch, we had some friends over. Cole and Owen's mom had her baby right before I left for London. She doesn't like asking people  for help, but I didn't let her say no to me again. Good thing we are friends huh? Anyway, we had a blast.



Here is Owen (he is Blake's age). Apparently we only have friends with blonde hair.



The kids left and then we ate dinner. Then we went over to our friend, Colton's house to play. Well, their mom wanted to chat with me and our kids get along well, so we hung out. At Colton's Blake started looking super tired. We went home and went right to bed.

The next morning Blake woke up and was throwing up. No worries...this kid throws up easy. He always has. But then he had a fever, wouldn't eat anything, had a sore throat and had no energy. So, we had to cancel our trip to the library for the last summer program show and we had to cancel our friends coming over to swim. It was our last chance to have Cohen over and we had invited some new friends who just moved into our ward over to swim too. The problem was we had library books that were due and I needed to get DVDs from the library for our trip. Blake wouldn't/couldn't walk, so in the stroller he went at the library. I kept trying to get him to eat something and all he wanted to eat was my homemade bread. Problem was it was all gone. He doesn't really eat store bought bread anyway anymore (which is good and bad). I needed to make it anyway and we weren't going anywhere else, so I made bread. He ate a lot of bread at 3. By 4 he was back to fighting with his brother...back to normal. Then he ate a huge dinner. During the day I kept thinking about how our road trip Nauvoo in a couple days is going to really suck if my kids were sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment