Thursday, April 16, 2015

More Friends and Rain


Last week, Dylan and I did a lot of yard work. We did some hedging and weeding, etc. Then while Dylan was at preschool, I went and got some mulch and flowers. Thursday after preschool, I put down the mulch and most of the flowers. Then when Blake got home from school, the boys helped me plant the rest of the flowers. It was a great workout lifting all the mulch around our yard...but I was glad when that was done...except that I needed to get some more mulch.

Aaron got home Friday night from his trip 10 minutes before our friends arrived at our house for dinner. They are big U fans so that made for some interesting conversations. They have 2 girls. One is in 2nd grade and Blake is way taller then her and then they have one in kindergarten and Dylan is taller then her. They are cute kids and now we are BFFs...these girls and I. They came up to me before Sacrament, before Primary and every day after school they find me to say hi. Even though they are U fans, we still like them. She is our pianist in primary and she makes awesome cakes so we will keep them around.

Saturday morning, our babysitter came over and watched the boys while we went to the temple. When we got back, we went to Home Depot for round 2 of mulch. We then came home and laid it all out. Done.

Sunday morning Aaron left for Chicago. He left early so I wasn't able to go to ward council..oh darn. Dylan gave the prayer in Sharing Time. The Sunbeams are adorable. I may be a little biased because one of my kids is a Sunbeam, but these 3-4 year olds are super cute...way cuter then the 11 year olds who are graduating.

On Monday, Dylan had Austin over. He is from his preschool and is super shy. His teacher was telling me that Dylan is the only kid who Austin will talk to and play with. His family also just adopted twins so thought it would be good for him to come over. Monday morning it rained...a lot. Crazy crazy rain. The good news is that we actually have water in our lakes now. We have had so much rain lately that they MIGHT let us water 2 times a week starting in May. As a reminder we can water 2 times a month right now and during the winter we weren't allowed to water at all. Interesting how our stake president had our stake do a special fast for rain months ago when we were in serious drought trouble. Those prayers have been answered.

But it cleared up enough and the boys were able to play outside.

And look for potato bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment