Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A New Roof


Do you know that for little boys watching a new roof be installed is super exciting?!

The roofers came at 7am yesterday morning to start. Blake had to get to school at 7:30 so he could participate in Happy Feet, which is like a running club. He was so sad that he couldn't watch them. But when Dylan and I got home from taking Blake to school, we watched them from inside the house

and outside the house

and on the playset.

We did not go swimming yesterday. The noise is ridiculous so we went over to Beckett's house and played there all day. We then picked up Blake from school and came home so that Blake could check it out.
They said they would be done for the day at 7, so I thought they would be gone by the time we got back from soccer practice, but they weren't. They finally left at 8:20. So quick story for my own records. We got to practice a little early for the boys to play and practice. Well, then the coaches daughter, Hannah came over to Blake. The next thing I know, Blake asks me if he can go play with Hannah. I didn't see him again until there was about 10 minutes left in practice. It was nice to have go off and play so I could help Dylan with practice, since Dylan's practice involves parents. Aaron left for a trip around lunchtime so he was able to miss most of the fun.

Last Saturday at Blake's game, I was talking to Rhett's mom, Stacey and asked her if she was going to be room mom again. She said she didn't want to do it by herself. I told her I would help her if they hadn't already found someone. Well, last night I found out that there will be 3 of us, Rhett's mom, Ashley's mom (Angie...our neighbor) and me. Blake was really excited when I told him this morning.

The roofers were back at 7am and should finish up at 2. I will be glad when they are done. Then I can move on to our fence...sigh. One of our challenges is to figure out something for the fence that will prevent the next door neighbor dog from hopping over it. We can't go higher than 6 feet per HOA. Next door neighbor has tried a couple different things and nothing works. It is amazing that she can hop over, but also annoying and not fun for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment