Monday, March 27, 2017

Damaging Storm


Sunday's forecast called for a damaging storm. We kind of laughed because it was a really nice day. I had a meeting at 6 and when I came out a little after 7 there was lightning and a lot of it, but it was super quiet. (Never a good combination). 

About 8:15 it starts raining and shortly after it starts to hail. Golf size hail. It didn't last too long, but during that time the tornado sirens went off. We of course don't wake up our kids because that's how we are....we will get them if we need to. I was nervous to wake up and see the damage from this damaging storm...they were right this time. Good job weather folks. 

I had friends texting. Everyone was safe. Mostly it was car damage--dents and plenty of them. It is a good day to be a roofer in North Texas. Dylan had to come with me today to get my tire fixed. Unrelated to the storm, I got a nail in my tire. Everyone was busy taking care of auto claims from dents that no one was in the tire place....they were fast today. BUT another damaging storm is predicted for Wednesday. They better be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment