Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Track Meet #3


Saturday morning: I woke up a little after 4am to run and look at my phone, it is already 80 degrees. I knew it was going to be "fun" at their meet. We got there just in time for Dylan to run his 50. He got 3rd. He actually got 2nd, but they gave him a 3rd place ribbon...they are volunteers.


Then they ran their 4x100. Dylan ran the 2nd leg.


Note: last week, we applied and reapplied sunscreen, but their shoulders still got burned, so we had them wear a shirt under their uniform. They would be hot regardless..better to not be burned.


Can you see Blake? He ran the 3rd leg.



The 100...Dylan went first.


Blake was later. They both did great. The problem was that kids kept coming in their lanes and at this age, they don't disqualify kids and my kids are too passive, so they slow down a little.


Then the 400. Dylan hates the 400. I feel his pain. He was done after this.



The Blake did the 400. This is actually his best event, but it was just too hot and it had been too long of a day...it was 1pm and we got there at 8:45am.

Our track team does have tents for us to sit under, which we did. We also saw Kaeler, which is one of Blake's friends from his soccer team and who is in his class this year. His mom and I are friends and wanted to do the same track team, but they wanted to do the team in the neighboring city and I was lazy and wanted to do the team in our city, where practice is 7 minutes from our house.

We also saw some friends from church. Their daughter is older, so she does the hurdles and for a different team.

We came home and did haircuts and then went swimming. Our pool was 91 degrees. Folks, it doesn't hit that until August. It still felt amazing.

Also this week I went to a girls night out and they told me about a High Fitness Class the next morning. Since I wasn't working, I decided to go check it out because it was free. So 2 of my friends from church were there and it was pretty awesome. Such a good workout. I did do my regular run in the morning and workout video. The instructors said that this is a good enough workout that you don't need to run. Um, clearly they aren't runners.  I ended up going to the class Thursday night as well, after walking for an hour during track practice. My step count was pretty high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment