Sunday, August 5, 2012

Who actually went to Church?

What a week, Michelle mentioned our fun trip to the hospital for Dylan and my week out in Dallas.  In keeping with what has become my section on Blake's stories and funnies, I'll add my two cents.

Saturday night was pretty bad, after hours and hours and hours in the hospital we didn't end up getting much sleep that night.  So, the next day it was just Blake and I who went to church.  When it was time for lunch, after getting home, I asked Blake who he wanted to say the prayer.  He looked around the table, usually he picks a visitor or James (Michelle's brother) but this time he wanted to say it.  He started off rather normal.....

"Heavenly Father, thank you for this day.  Thank you for my family...."  

He then normally turns his prayers into narratives, usually adding in that we went to church---I assume so that He knows that Blake went and Blake can get credit for it.  :)

He continues...."We went to church today.  Well, actually Daddy and I went to church today.  Mommy and Dylan actually stayed home.... "

In summary:  In case you weren't paying attention today, Lord, I went to church.  There were others in my family who did not go, but I was there.  I hope you marked me down as having attended. Did you happen to put a gold star or smiley face next to my name as well?

As a side note, yes Blake likes and uses the word actually quite a bit.  It is pretty funny to see other people unfamiliar with Blake as they listen to him tell his stories.  He'll throw words out there (like actually) that completely takes people off guard.

That same Sunday night, James and I gave Dylan a blessing with Blake and Mommy anxiously watching.  Blake has seen other blessings before but I think this might have been the first one that stuck out to him.  For the next couple of days, Blake would randomly approach Dylan, put his hands on Dylan's head and say, "Dylan Johnson Tanner, help that your ouchie on your tummy gets better.  In Jesus' name amen."

We like the sentiment, now we need to work on what priesthood authority means.  :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable that Dylan would pretend to give Blake a blessing and so so powerful! That little guy must have so much love for his baby brother. (Michelle, this is Katie by the way!!! Your long-lost Downey friend. I was cleaning out my emails and found a link to your blog. How are you? I'm going to have to catch myself up on your life via your blog.)

    ReplyDelete