Thursday, September 11, 2014

Grandparents Day


Today is the greatest day of the week. I have a couple of hours when both kids are in school. So, what did I do today...well, I did take care of some stuff, but then I surprised Blake at school at lunch. Today was Grandparents Day, so only Grandparents were supposed to come to school. Blake's Grandparents don't live close enough to stop by for lunch, so I asked his teacher if I could come. She said yes. I was a "Grand Friend" not a grandparent...that's what my badge said at least. I thought it would be fun for just Blake and me to get to eat...without a little brother around.

Blake was sitting next to his friend Claire. Blake then introduced me to the other kids by him. "This is the mean kid, Luke M." So, Blake told me that there was a mean kid--remember a previous post involving a decision on Joseph Smith...apparently Luke M was that mean kid. Blake has also been praying about the kids in school to stop talking so much. Blake was telling me a couple days ago that Luke M. was moved to another table. Back to today...I met Luke M. Okay, this kid doesn't stop talking. I wouldn't classify him as mean, but he did not stop talking the entire time. I ignored the kid and he was still talking away. I now understand why Blake was praying for the kids at school to stop talking. 



We had fun. Blake ended up spitting up while I was there. (Not so fun) Why? Oh, because that is what he does. His teacher was surprised...he doesn't seem sick, etc. I told her this is how he is. Anyway, I had to take him to the nurse to get his temp taken...yep...totally normal. Fortunately or unfortunately I was there to explain this to the teacher and nurse because I am sure Blake wouldn't have told them that he does it all the time and then they would've called me to come get him. 

I went to a meeting at his school last week to go over the curriculum, where we got to hear from all the kinder teachers. When I left I thought Blake had the perfect teacher for Blake. She has a good balance of everything you need for a good kinder teacher. There weren't certainly other teachers that were more fun, but I don't think that would be good for Blake. Anyway, after today I was able to talk with her more and I still think she is great. Teachers are great, aren't they? And since it was grandparents day today at our school...grandparents are great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment