Monday, September 22, 2014

Lacie


One of Dylan's friends from preschool is Lacie. She also happens to be his teacher's daughter. We had her over last week for a playdate. We went over to the park.


Then we walked home while collecting leaves on the way. Collecting leaves makes it seems like fall has come, but don't be fooled, we were in the 90s all last week.

Since it was hot, we played the rest of the time inside...playing in the curtains.


Reading...

being silly...


and blocks. They had a fun time. It is always fun to have a little girl over. They are so different. When we were at the park, she said, "Oh no, my hand is sticky!" She wasn't happy about that. When I suggested wiping her hands off on her dress she was disgusted with me.

One of the great things about Lacie is that she is potty trained, so Dylan noticed this while she was over and I made a big deal that day and the next couple of days how Lacie didn't wear diapers. (Flash back a couple months ago I was talking with a friend who also has a kid in the same preschool as Dylan and she gave me a book on potty training. Blake was hard  to potty train so I wanted to do something different. I figured it would also be easier because I didn't have a baby around like we did when we were potty training Blake. So I read some of the book and got the idea of the philosophy. I didn't want to potty train him until after our trip to Nauvoo for obvious reasons.) Now we are back..Friday morning, I finished reading the book with full intentions of starting potty training on Monday. We had been doing already some of the pre-potty training stuff. But Friday night, we were getting ready for bed and Dylan said he wanted to go potty in the toilet, which he did, then he did not want to wear his diaper, he wanted to wear underwear like Lacie. Um, okay, well, I am not going to argue, but I was then expecting a long night. He woke up dry and I took his potty..no problems. Part of this training is to not let your kid out of your sight at all during the day so that you can see when they are trying to go in their underwear. Well, we had plans to go to the Heard Museum that day because the dinosaurs were back. No worries, he did awesome. Then Sunday I had a meeting way too early in the morning, so I left before the kids were awake. Dylan didn't want to go with Aaron. This is our current problem. He does fine when he tells me that he needs to go and I take him, but it hasn't worked yet for Aaron. I hope this changes. So, this meant at church I took him during Sacrament when he told me he had to go and then I took him in between classes at church because I had to teach so that was the only time I could do it. Fingers crossed that he keeps doing great. In true Dylan form, I had plans to start at a certain date, but he did it when he wanted to. Sometimes kids just know better then we do...just good thing I was ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment