Sunday, September 7, 2014

Projects and Treasure Hunts


Saturdays are always busy and this Saturday was no exception. Aaron had to go help with some church assignments in the morning, so I took the boys to Home Depot to make a Wizard of Oz birdhouse. It is the 75th anniversary of that movie...crazy right? It was funny because a lot of the kids at Home Depot were like, "Um, what is the Wizard of Oz?" Yeah, my kids didn't know either. After we put the stickers on Blake said, "Um, won't the birds be scared of the witch and not want to go in the bird house?"

Classic brother moment: Blake is moving Dylan's bird house to a position that Dylan doesn't want it.


Once Dylan sees that, he is sad. 

Then I had a baby shower to go to, then we went to our beach club at our HOA because Blake has been bugging us to do it and it is closing soon. We ended up seeing our neighbors there.


Aaron then had to go to a meeting for church. The boys do miss playing together and I miss them playing together. School gets in the way of fun sometimes. Well, I was doing something and I heard them in the pantry. This is what I found. Here is what happened....they drew their own treasure map (white pieces of paper in hand), then they had gone all through the house as their map had instructed them to do, then they ended up in the pantry where their treasure was...Blake's treasure were Cheetos and Dylan's were Doritos.

Speaking of doritos...Dylan was cutting paper. He ended up making the shape of a triangle, so I asked him what shape that was and he responded with..."A chip!". I think Doritos are corrupting our kids.

Since we are talking about learning, Dylan and I were playing Candy Land and Dylan starts counting in Spanish. It took me awhile to realize this because well, it is a 2 year old counting in spanish so the accent isn't exactly there, but when I asked him if he was speaking spanish he said, "No, I am speaking tres, quatro, cinco, seis." He did know that he was counting, just not that it was spanish. I guess he is learning some things in preschool. 

So we are about 3 hours from Austin, but there are still plenty of very loyal UT fans and grads in our area. Of course we watched the game...did you doubt? We had Stake Conference today and the final score might have been mentioned once or twice. We do know that there were a handful who went down to the game and were not at the leadership meeting last night. Apparently the BYU football schedule was not considered when scheduling our stake conference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment