Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day


Friday night I got a call from my secretary in Primary who had a daughter who was scheduled to get baptized on Saturday. My secretary was sick with the flu so she had to postpone the baptism. It was a stake baptism, but we were the hosting ward, which meant that we were responsible for everything. Luckily there was only one other person scheduled  to get baptized so I was able to convince that ward to take over...then I canceled almost everyone from our ward. Everyone from our ward was happy because it meant they could do something for valentine's day now.

But Aaron and I hadn't scheduled a babysitter since I was scheduled to have a baptism, so we took the whole family for lunch at a BBQ place. It was tasty. For my birthday with my folks, we went to a place called Lockhart's. This place is very similar, although I think the meat is slightly better at Lockhart's, but I think the kids would say they like Hutchins better because they have French fries, yummy mashed potatoes, and free dessert--ice cream, peach cobbler and banana pudding (not a favorite).





It was a gorgeous day. The restaurant is right by the Cowboy park, so we decided to enjoy the nice weather at the park. Well, everyone else had the same idea...it was crowded. But we still had fun and went on a nice walk around the pond at the park.

Sunday the primary presidency was asked to speak, well, since my secretary pulled out, I told everyone to add 5 minutes to their talk. Saturday night and Sunday morning I worked on my talk. We get to church and I was excited because our friends who we invited to come came, but not excited because my counselors didn't take the extra 5 minutes, which meant I had a lot of time to talk. I think it went well. I am also glad to check that off the list.

After church we went to dinner at the Drysdale's house. Aaron serves with him in the EQ presidency and then they had the Neumanns over to (this is Beckett...and she is one of my counselors). There were 7 kids there--5 boys, 2 girls, but 1 girl is 7 months old...such a boys world. It was fun to chat with friends, although they are trying to convince Aaron to run a race...we should all do it as a group. One of the guys really wants to do a race where you have to sign a death waiver because the obstacles are insane. Um, no.

Earlier in the week...Wednesday to be exact, Dylan and I made our weekly trip to the library for story time. Dylan (and I) were in a picture that was in the newspaper. We were in the background, but we are still in there. It was fun for Blake and Dylan to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment