Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lunch With Blake


Blake has been begging me to come eat lunch with him at school, so Friday things finally worked out and we were able to go. He was so excited. There is a designated table for parents to eat with their kids, so we all sat down. Then Blake's classmate Cooper came over and asked if he could sit with us..and then he wanted to be in the picture too.

Later that night we had a new babysitter come over because our regulars were all busy. The boys loved her although Blake didn't like that she forgot to lock the backdoor after they jumped on the tramp. He has such a thing about locking all the doors...he may get that from me.  Aaron and I went out to dinner and then played games at a place nearby that has laser tag, mini golf, bowling, and arcade games. It was fun.

We also got all our paperwork submitted to Dylan's preschool, so we are all official. We didn't ever go on an official tour of the place, so Dylan and I did that together before our weekly library trip. I'm excited about this preschool for him. I had lunch with a friend this week who just found out they are moving to AZ. She lives about 30 minutes from me and she said that she hears so many great things about this preschool..that it is the preschool that is so hard to get into, but everyone wants to go to, etc. I thought it was nuts that her neighbors know all about this preschool because it isn't exactly close, but luckily for me, it is. I did tell his current preschool teacher this week that he won't be coming to her school the next 2 years. She is an awesome teacher and Dylan loves her, but he needs a little more.

The last couple of weeks Blake has been learning his Texas history. He has been teaching me what he has learned because I didn't know what our state bird, flower, were. Although some of the stuff we have learned at the museum, so I guess I'm not totally out of it. He was pretty excited to learn about the state capital and tell his class that Austin is his middle name. They also learned about the Alamo, which he was excited to tell them that he had been to. This week they are going to make chili on their last day of Texas history. They are even allowed to dress up as cowboys...oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment