Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Real Snow


Wednesday morning I dropped off Blake at school and about an hour later it started to snow. But we didn't get a ton of snow that day. Dylan went to his friend's house and played while I went to some appointments. Thursday was a little nicer and Dylan had preschool. We actually walked to pick up Blake from school. It wasn't super warm, but since it had been so cold it felt nice. Friday morning shortly after taking Blake to school it started to snow and it didn't stop until Saturday morning. Right before lunch, Dylan and I headed out to play in the snow. He had so much fun. I got an email from the principal saying that the school district was not going to call it an early dismissal day. I felt a little bad that Blake was in school and we were playing in the snow because well, we usually get ice with a little snow, but Friday was only snow and a decent amount (for here). Aaron worked from home that day, which ended up being great because the roads were terrible. Remember we don't have snow plows (okay, I think there is one that 4 cities share)....they just sand some intersections. I left Dylan at home with Aaron and I went to pick up Blake. I pulled into the parking lot, which has a decent hill next to it and I see all these people sledding. I get Blake and he tells me that there were 8 kids left in his class...all the other parents came and got their kids. Apparently that is completely normal.


Here is our trampoline.


Making snow angels.

He loved walking through the snow and leaving his footprints.


As soon as Blake walked in the door, we put on his snow gear and went outside to play in the snow.

Blake's snow angel.


The boys really wanted Aaron to come out and play and I let them go get him...hey, don't get to enjoy this very often so take advantage and take a little break from work right?

The boys also thought it would be fun to shovel our driveway. Proof that we don't ever do it because otherwise they wouldn't be excited to do it. But we had friends coming over for dinner, so we thought it would be easier for them if our driveway was clear.

We had a fun dinner with our friends, the Neumanns. This is Beckett and Kelsey's family. The kids get a long great. All the kids were playing upstairs after dinner except Beckett who was finishing eating. Then he said he wanted to go upstairs to play with his friends. I asked Beckett if he liked us and wanted to stay and play with us adults and he said, "No, I just like your kids. They are silly." Got to love what 2 year olds say.

Saturday morning was super bad, so another day of no running. I only was able to run outside 3 days last week because of the ice. But Aaron and I started Insanity Max 30 last Monday. It is a great workout and you can do it even when it is too icy outside.

Sunday we had our RS Visiting Teaching Conference, which meant finding subs for all the sisters in Primary. I had all the subs lined up and then the emails started coming in about how they were traveling for work, but their flights were canceled coming back home. We got it all taken care of though and the men stepped up in our ward. We had our High Priest group leader do sharing time and the 2nd counselor in Bishopric do singing time. The counselor who is over Primary did report back to me that it wasn't nearly as quiet and reverent with the brethren, to which I responded..I don't care. :) I appreciated the help.

Yesterday was still cold and today is raining and a little warmer. I am ready for spring, but I know this weather is nothing like other parts of the country are experiencing. I spoke with my friend who just moved to MN and she just laughed at our snow days and how "cold" it is. She also told me that their schools there have huge classrooms. Blake has 18 in his class, and Cohen now has 25 in his Kindergarten class and Isaac has 33 kids in his 5th grade class. At our elementary, they max out at 20. I'm glad our school is able to keep the class room sizes small. Speaking of classes, tonight is Blake's open house. He is really excited to show Aaron his room and meet his teacher. I guess that is the downfall of me helping out in the class room and eating lunch with your kids and knowing their teacher pretty well...they don't have much to show you at open house.

No comments:

Post a Comment