Friday, July 22, 2016

Trip to CA Day 3


Thursday morning we ate breakfast at a really tasty restaurant.  Aaron had peanut butter cap'n crunch french toast. It was yummy and we will make it someday. After we ate, we went for a walk on the beach. We were shocked at how many surfers there were and then we learned they were having a surfing school.


My flip flops were toast and I realized the Rainbow Outlet was close by, so we went and purchased some new ones for me.


One thing that they boys wanted to do was to make a project with Grandpa and use his tools. I think Grandpa was fine with this idea. They originally wanted to make a lemonade stand, then they wanted to make a house for their legos or Imaginext toys, but then Grandpa convinced them to make a bird house which they use screws so we could take it home with us. The boys had fun, but Dylan had a short attention span. They worked on some other projects too. When the boys woke up that morning, Grandma and Grandpa took them on a walk to the donut store. They also got to pet a horse who happened to be in the parking lot.




I went with my mom to Costco and some other places. They had these as samples...they were exactly the same candy that Aaron brought the boys home from Japan...but in English, so I bought some. Sure enough they were made in Japan and distributed in Irvine, CA.


We then took the boys to see our old place. Ours was the end unit.


Then we took them to the park right by our house. They have made some updates, but it pretty much the same. Blake and I would go to this park almost every day.




They have added some exercise equipment which the boys needed to check out.






We came back and swam while the rest of the family came over for dinner. It had been 2 1/2 years since me and the boys were in CA. At dinner we had my brother David and his wife, Kristi, and 2 kids Seth and Kaleb. We had my brother Robert and wife Sarah (along with their dogs). We had my brother James and wife Shannon. We had my grandma. It was so much fun seeing everyone.



Grandpa did a cannonball...Dylan enjoyed it.


The cousins had so much fun together. Seth is 11 and Kaleb is 9. The next day we found out that Seth and Kaleb are going to have a little brother or sister in February..Kristi is pregnant. They were so good with my boys so I know they will be awesome big brothers.





No comments:

Post a Comment