Thursday, October 27, 2016

Half Marathon


Last Saturday I ran and completed my first half marathon. My training went well until the last 2 weeks and my knees gave me problems. I'm getting older...so sad.

It was about 47 degrees when we first started the race, which was perfect. I  think it was almost 70 by the time I left the place, so it warmed up quickly, but at least we started cool.

This is me at the finish. I did it! My goal was under 2 hours and I did it.


I ran with my friend Amber. This was before the race.


After the race with my parents..my supporters. Aaron was with the kids at their soccer games. He was kind of glad  that he didn't have to spend the time at the race, but the boys were a little sad. Really it was only Blake who was a little sad so he told me to run another one.Yeah, sure  thing bud.


Part of the course was on a trail right along the lake (7 miles of the course). It was beautiful, but I would much rather not be on a gravel trail.

My actual goal is to do a marathon, but I wanted to start with a half to work out the kinks. I did learn a lot and there are a lot of changes I need to make, but I'm happy for now that I did my half. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment