Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Ward Campout


Thursday, once the boys were both at school, I helped my parents move into their apartment. Their apartment is about 2 miles from our house. We have all been on a hunt for furniture for their place. On Monday while I was running (trash day) I saw an end table, so I picked up and carried it home. My friend Cambria just got a new kitchen table so she is letting them use her old one and will sell it when they move back to CA. They got a mattress from Amazon. The mattress and frame come in a box. You open the box and let it settle for a couple hours. I didn't take a picture of the box, but it was unbelievable  that at mattress was in the box. I learned that several of my friends had these and they are comfortable. Good job once again Amazon. We found a leather loveseat at Costco for $200. It is really nice. 

The missionaries also helped us. I'm pretty sure that Dylan is stronger then they are. My dad got a UHaul van to move the loveseat and table and the keys got locked in the van, so that pushed back our completion time a bit, but it is done.

Friday night we had a ward campout. The boys were very excited for this, but there was rain in the forecast. I had no intention of camping because I don't like it. My plan was to hangout and have dinner and then come sleep time, I would go home and sleep in my bed. I have a half marathon to run in a week which meant a long run Saturday morning so I needed  to be well rested for it. Truth is, race or no race, I wouldn't have gone camping. Anyway, Blake prayed for it to not rain and Aaron was praying for it to rain because BYU played that night and he doesn't really like camping either. 

They had a dutch oven cook off. My dad loves to cook in his dutch oven. He didn't have his dutch ovens with him, but I borrowed one from my friend. He made lasagna. It was super yummy. He did get 1st place.



Yummy lasagna!


The kids had a blast. They ran around with their flashlights and played games. My mom and I went back home to sleep and the boys stayed and camped and Aaron watched the BYU game on his phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment