Friday, October 28, 2016

Our very own Parrot, Love you!, Repeat Story Time, It's so good

Our very own Parrot
Michelle and the boys went to the Perot Museum.  When home I got a really good overview from them (mostly Blake) on how it all went. 
There is a kid’s section of the museum that can only be attended by a family if there is someone in the party that is 5 years old or younger. 
Michelle and the boys were in that section and a museum employee came up to Michelle and said “Umm, Ma’am, you need to have someone in your party under 5 to be here.”
Michelle looks at her, looks down at Dylan, looks back and her and says, “We do have someone in our party who’s under 5.”
The lady looks at Michelle, with the ‘you’re-really-trying-to-pull-this-one-off-on-me’ look and says “Are you sure?”
Michelle quickly responds with “Yes, I know how old my children are, thank you”
With really nothing to respond with, the lady apparently needs to safe face and ends with “Well, make sure your older boy doesn’t get too rough in here.” 
Riiiiiiiight.  Thanks lady. 
After Michelle finishes the retelling of this story, Blake looks over at me and says, “Take that and rewind it back.” 

Love you!
Getting Dylan to bed has a few “joys” to it.  He loves to end the night with shouting “Love you” as we walk down to our bedroom, he repeats it over and over, and with each repetition gets louder and louder.  For a while it was just getting worse and worse with how loud and how long these yellings were going.  So, in hopes of, if not eliminating this, at least reducing it, I told him that I would only be telling him that I loved him 2 times.  So, the first night of my updated experiment, I stated:    
“Oh buddy, remember that I’m only going to say I love you 2 times, okay, and then I’m done.”
“Okay, daddy”
“Have a good night. Love you” I said as I closed the door.
“Love you.” He responded.
“Love you buddy, sleep well,” I said through the door.
“Love you”.  Long pause.  “Love you!?!   Dad, LOVE YOU!”
“Good night buddy, I’m only saying it two times a night” as I continue to walk away. 
“But……. “he asks back, “Dad, don’t you love me?”
The next night, Michelle sets her limit of saying I love you to end the night at 3 times.  So, far it had been working and his yelling to end the night was diminishing. 
Then it was my turn again. 
We repeated the routine, with my reminder of only saying it twice.  However, this time, I stated,
“Okay buddy, have a good night, love you.” 
He responds with “Dad, Mom says I love you 3 times, but you only say it twice.  So you don’t love me as much as she does. “

Repeat Story Time
Michelle’s parents are in town.  We were all sitting at the dinner table eating a while back and talking. 
Grandpa begins a story he’d told us before (nothing knew). 
Blake apparently wasn’t ready to listen to this story again and interrupts Grandpa, while shaking his head, “Oh! This again,” rolling his eyes and waving his arms in exasperation. 

He’s willing to say things others sometimes aren’t.  

It’s so good, it will make you good
Ice cream might be what finally brings us world peace.  You can’t tell me that there isn’t anyone on this earth (nay in this universe) who doesn’t like ice cream.  And to prove it let’s hear the words of a child.
Michelle brought home some new cookies and cream brand of ice cream from the store.  She scoped out some for each of us.  Dylan took a bite and said, “This ice cream is soooo good.  It’s so good, that if bad guys ate it, they would turn good.  It is so good that if Satan tried some, he would turn good too.” 

Try, just try to argue with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment