Saturday, November 26, 2016

Half Marathon #2


6 days after my first half, my friend was over and asked if I was going to run the local half marathon the following weekend...in the city that I live in. I hadn't heard of this race. I thought about it, but didn't think I would do it because my knees were killing me after that last half. But 2 days later Aaron convinced me to run it, so I signed up.

My mom took me while the boys did a Home Depot project, then came to the race. They were all there at the finish line. Aaron and the boys were at soccer games the last race, so they were excited to be there.

I liked this race so much more then the 1st one so I was glad that I did it. I ran better--3 minutes faster, but I had fun at this one. It was all paved...mostly really pretty scenery too.





Grandpa bought donuts for everyone for after the race. That made them very happy.

I ended up seeing several people at the race that I knew. Now the weather is getting pretty cold so I don't think I will be doing any races until Spring. However, Blake and I might run a 5k  together in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment