Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving Week Day 2


Since my birthday was on Thanksgiving this year, we celebrated my birthday on Tuesday. We opened some presents. 

This is the necklace that my dad made me. He took a glass blowing class and made this there. It is really cool and very impressive.


My parents also gave me a pastry cutter/scrapper, new griddle, cactus, and new curtains.



Aaron and the kids got me salt and pepper shaker, an exercise mat---so I won't ruin the carpet while doing workout videos, and a dress.


We had lunch, then went to the Gaylord Texan for Ice. A lot of people had mentioned how cool it is, but every year we decide not to go because it is pricey. This year I found a 50% off coupon, so we did it for my birthday. It is very impressive. They have a room that is like 5,000 square feet that has several different rooms with ice sculptures. They keep the place at 9 degrees in order to keep the ice ice. They give you parkas. It was tough because it was not 9 degrees outside so waiting to get inside we were sweating.



Almost everything is ice...everything except the chain is ice in this picture.








Only eyes and mouths are not ice.







The very end has a huge slide, which we went down several times.



The last piece is the nativity scene. Texas is awesome...we can have this. I'm sure so many other states wouldn't let this sly in their states.


These are huge.


The angel is probably 12 feet tall.


Then we looked at the train set that went through the hotel.




The boys took a quick rest.


Then we went to Babe's for dinner. So yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment