Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Desk Project



Saturday, January 14. I went to little Philmont in the morning. In case you don't know, scouting takes a lot of time and has a lot of meetings.

After I got back, we went to Lowe's and picked out some wood for a project. We have a desk in the playroom that has 2 chairs. Each side had a cabinet that was built to hold a computer  tower, so it was useless space for us. My dad created a design for the wasted space.


The boys helped Grandpa. They actually helped more then we were expecting. They got to watch Grandpa use the new saw.



Finished product.


It is great. The boys love it and I love it. I had painted the playroom  a couple weeks before, with some help by my folks. It was this dark red/purple color. Now it is a bluish grey. I like it.

We got done in time to go to Blake's friend Caleb's baptism. It went way longer then it was supposed to, so after we went to dinner.

Blake gave a talk at church the next day and we all watched him. It is fun to see them grown up--reading talks by themselves. That night we had Great to be 8 for Blake. He will be baptized in just a couple months. The day after his birthday is the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment