Friday, June 2, 2017

Last Day of 2nd Grade


Thursday, June 1, was Blake's last day of school. They had a very fun day scheduled and wouldn't you know it a thunderstorm was in the forecast.



Dylan and I went to the library in the morning. On our way back home the sky was totally dark. We were supposed to be at school an hour later to help outside. Then it started to pour.


It stopped raining about 10 minutes before they were scheduled to go outside on the inflatables for the second time that day. They were totally wet, but it didn't stop the kids. Dylan even got to play. 

In the morning the electricity went out. Ms. Brewer then challenged the kids to a plank competition. She texted me to tell me about this and told me that Blake and one other classmate totally destroyed her. She is pretty into working out so she felt pretty lame losing to 2nd graders. I told her that they are about 30 years younger...and weigh a little bit less.


We went back to Blake's class and got a picture and said thank you....but Blake wanted to stay for the rest of the day. 

So, I talked with her for awhile. She loves Blake.


He got his last report card, which he did really well. This is the comment that she wrote.

Ms. Brewer is an awesome teacher. I found out the her class got the highest scores in all the district tests. She was a perfect teacher for Blake. She pushed him a lot to work harder and do things he didn't think he could and it was perfect...he made a huge improvement in reading this year.  

After school, Aaron got home and then the Neumann's came over and went swimming and had a pizza party....it is a tradition for the last day of school.

Since Aaron got back home earlier then expected, I was able to go out for a Girls' Night Out.

Now summer is here....gulp! Twilight Camp for Cub Scouts starts next week so that is where Blake, Dylan and I will be. I hope we have nice enough weather and NO bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment