Monday, August 13, 2018

Trip to Houston Day 3


Tuesday we met the Canlas family (except for Jason because he had to work and Claire because she got a pretty bad cut a couple of days before we got there and they thought it would be best if she stayed home with a sitter) at Galveston. They go a lot, so they told us exactly where to meet them. We had never been to Galveston. Let me tell you, I was a fan. The water was warm, the sand was super fine, very little seaweed, and it wasn't crowded. I guess some schools have started so that was why there weren't many people there. Fine by me.



They caught some little fish by seine seine fishing, which they should use how to do.


Of course there was eating.




Karen brought some boogie boards. The waves are really small though, but they still had fun. Galveston is just different from what I'm used to. Other than being warm, you can go far out and still be waist deep. Gotta love the gulf.




The Canlas family was going to Schlitterbahn on Thursday and they spent Wednesday packing, so we said goodbye to them and headed back to the hotel. Chase was so sweet. He said, "Mom, I know what I want for my birthday...I want Blake and Dylan to come to my house." And, "The beach is great, but it is even better with you guys."  We agree Chase. We want to play again soon.


We drove back from the hotel and then met Aaron for dinner at a pizza place. It was kids eat free night.

No comments:

Post a Comment