Monday, October 15, 2018

Crape Myrtle Race


Our school district puts on a race every year. The school gets $5 for each participant from that school. Our school got 2nd place. Here are some of the kids who ran. We had a ton of parents who ran. This year I ran with them because last year that decided to jog with Kenny, which was just too slow. If I was paying money for them to race, then I wanted them to race so I ran to encourage them. I'm so mean.





I'm glad I did run with them though to help push them. They just haven't really learned how to race in a mile run.


I stopped right before the finish line since I didn't pay to run.



They both did awesome. They had a great kick at the end and they got just under 9 minutes for a mile. The trail was terrible--too many people so there were huge bottlenecks and you couldn't get through quick. Did that both the kids? Not at all.


We came home, ate lunch and then went to Dylan's soccer game. 5 minutes into the game it started to pour, but they let them finish the game because there was no lightening. The boys loved playing in the rain (it was still hot out), but the spectators didn't like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment