Monday, October 15, 2018

Fall Festival


Saturday it rained so soccer was canceled. We did haircuts and then got ready to go to a Halloween deal at the church that I teach at. Dylan couldn't decide what to dress up as, so he wrote down the possibilities and then tried on each one and crossed them off until he decided on an Old Man.


Old man, software pirate and a ninja.


The trick or treated and then did some games.



I saw 4 of my kids from school and lots of the teachers. The Neumann's were also there.


We came home, ate dinner and then Aaron and I went to a Haunted House with the Neumann's and Jeffrey's. We went to the same one as we did last year, but they had redone it. It was really good. 

Sunday: I have become friends with Whitney Kenney. Her family moved here from Westminster, CA. The day they got into our city, her water broke--she was 10 weeks early. So she was on best rest in the hospital. I met her in the hospital. To make a long story short. She was on her mission in Peroria Illinois at the same time as my brother, James. And James and Whitney (and their families) had gone to their mission reunion in July and saw each other, etc. I actually then saw James while we were out in CA visiting family the day that he got back from that reunion. Then a couple weeks later I met Whitney. It took me about 6 weeks to find out this connection. So Whitney showed me pictures of her with James's wife Shannon and James showed me pictures of the reunion--with both their families. 

To make the world even smaller. Whitney's husband blessed her son yesterday. Her mom was able to come --she is on a mission in Australia. Her mission president is President Vidmar--who was in my stake growing up. We went and had dinner at Whitney's house where I talked with her mom about the Vidmar's. Small world huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment