Monday, December 24, 2018

McKinney Half Marathon


November 3 I ran the McKinney half marathon. These races start so late..8am. I wish they would start earlier, but I guess it was nice to run in the sunlight. Dylan had a soccer game at 10:15 so Aaron brought the kids the cheer me on at the end. I texted his coach before the race to say that he might be a little late.

BUT, I got a great time (for me) I finished in 1:43.12. This was a PR. I got 3rd place in my age division, so I had to stick around to get my medal, so Aaron took the boys to the game and had plenty of time. The  weather was great for a half marathon--a little cool, but sunny. There had been so much rain that week that they had to change the route a little and still there were spots that were muddy. I saw a guy run without shoes (weird) and a guy run with his dog (double weird).



Tarryln Sias is Blake's best friend's mom, who teaches 1st grade at our school. Her sister flew out to run with her.


I got someone to take a picture of me while I got my medal.



My medals.


Then I went over to the game, but I didn't get to see Dylan play at all.

We came home and did yard work, haircuts  and finished up my lesson for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment