Monday, November 16, 2015

Kenny's Birthday Party


About a month and a half ago, Kenny's mom was talking to us about his birthday. She wanted to have it on his birthday, which was a Sunday. Blake told her that we don't go to birthday parties on Sundays because that is the day we go to church. About 5 days before the birthday, we got the invite, but it was scheduled for 12 and Blake's make up soccer game was scheduled for 12:45, so I told her this, but that we would work it out so that we could be at both. She changed the party to 2. Perfect, we told them we would be there. Then 2 days later we got an email from Blake's coach that the time of the game had been changed to 2. What?! I told Blake that it was his choice..I had done what I could. I said we could play the first half and then go to the movie party because the soccer field and movie theater are about 3 minutes apart. The morning of Blake decided that he wanted to go to his best friend's party. Blake also decided that he wanted me to join him. So, I watched the new Peanut movie with him. We had some reserved seats and the kids got snacks during the movie. Blake sat by Avir--his other buddy from school. Avir's mom was also there and she invited me to a ladies lunch with a group of moms who I knew the next Tuesday.

After the movie, they ate pizza, cake and opened presents.



Blake and the birthday boy, Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment