Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy Birthday Blake


A couple weeks ago Blake turned 7. The kids got ready in record time so that Blake could open his presents before school. We got him some XBox games.



My folks went in with us and got him the Lego WeDo2. It is fantastic. You build something (ca, helicopter, tractor, etc), then you program it and it will move accordingly. 

Blake loves going to the museum and programming some of the robots there, so we thought this would be perfect.


My parents and Grandma also sent him some money. He was very excited.



Aaron's folks got him some posters of scripture heros for his room. 

Thanks everyone for the awesome gifts!


At lunch, we went to Blake's school to eat with him.


It had been raining A LOT that week so the fields were too muddy so Dylan's soccer practice was cancelled that night. They were not sad at all because it meant they got to play with Blake's new presents.



Per Blake's request, we had an ice cream cake. 

Crazy to think he is already 7. It is fun to see the progress he has made over the year in school. All his classmates look up to him...he is a leader. I didn't really know it, but several months back one of the moms told me that everyone wants to do what Blake is doing, then his teacher was telling me that he is a leader. Then when I worked in his classroom I got to see it. I think he just has a very likable personality that people are drawn to. I guess it helps that he is (usually) a pretty caring person too. Happy birthday bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment