Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Grandma Turns 95


Feb 18--Grandma turns 95!! That morning we went over to David and Kristi's new house because I hadn't seen it. We also got to see all his toys.


This is a little bit old, but I like this family picture of them.


CA was so green and I forget about the mountains. I am so used to not having mountains now so when I do see them, it is a little weird. Some of the mountains even had snow on them.


Then David drove me over to the cemetery in his all electric car. It was super smooth. The boys were jealous that they didn't get to go for a ride.

We visited Grandpa's grave.





Then we headed to Dana Point per my Grandma's request. It was beautiful. It was a little chilly, but at least it was sunny.





There is Catalina Island in the distance.




My mom and me.


My folks. 







We then headed back to Grandma's to sort through some of her things. She will be moving into a retirement community soon.


Then all 25 of us went to Lucille's for some good BBQ food.





It was such a fun night and I know my Grandma was so happy to celebrate it with so many family members. I know I am a little bias, but she is a pretty awesome Grandma. She is 95, and she might be slowing down, but she still remembers everyone's birthdays and her personality is still there.


My parents went back over to Grandma's to sort through some more stuff, but James and Shannon brought me back so I could pack because I flew out the next morning. I was able to talk with them for awhile. We took this picture and sent it to my friends in Texas because she served in the same mission as James at the same time...they know each other. Crazy right?!

Dylan got sick while I was gone with a fever so was out for a day, but other then that, the boys all had fun. I missed a day of work, but it all worked out. I am so glad that I was able to make the trip. I was able to spend a lot of time with my family and just visit with them. I don't know how much longer Grandma has so I'm glad to have these memories of this trip because they were pretty great memories. I hadn't seen some of my aunts and uncles in a couple years. Of course it was awesome to spend time with my parents too. We were able to do some different things and have longer conversations since my kiddos weren't there. My folks will be out to visit us in April so that will be great for the boys especially. Thanks for the fun trip everyone. I'm grateful for a great family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment