Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dallas Zoo


Yesterday we braved the 100 degree weather and went to the zoo. The boys each had a free ticket and because it is so hot, the zoo discounted the tickets so I got in for half price. The trip was worth my $7.50 admission.

Penguins are just fun. One was swimming right by us.



We saw the safari animals.












Here is a crocodile. He wasn't in a great place to get a picture, but it was interesting to learn about this guy. We got there as they were cleaning his water. They treat these pools of water just like pools. The guy had a bucket of what looked like chlorine so I asked him if it was chlorine. Yes, they do the same stuff to pools that we do to ours. It makes sense, but I had never thought about it. The cool thing is that it keeps the water clear so we were able to see the crocodile, but we also saw his teeth at the bottom of the pool. They were not small.

My boys are obsessed with statues. Remember San Francisco?


The chimpanzees following one another up the hill. So it wasn't that long ago that we went to the SF Zoo. So I will compare. Dallas Zoo has a lot more space for the animals, which then means a lot more walking for us to get to each exhibit. The play area at SF was much cooler though.

We watched a show, but I only got a picture of the armadillo. This isn't a Texan armadillo because it only has 3 bands and it isn't gray.


The look on this bald eagle's face I thought was interesting.

Galapagos tortoise. They are huge.



They had a Jurassic area with the same dinosaurs (pretty sure) that were at the Heard Museum earlier this year.


I was talking to the zoo keeper while the kids played and she said the going rate for a TRex tooth is $1,000 per inch. This tooth is obviously not real.


The albino alligator.

I had to take several pictures for Aaron's mom because she loves snakes so much. Blake really wanted to pet this python. Blake! He is usually the one that doesn't want to touch animals.


Dylan pet him too.



I also did and it was super smooth, which I wasn't expecting. 14 years old and has never bitten anyone.

They played on the park.






I love this picture.

We spent 5 hours there, but we were hot so we went home and swam. What a fun day!

That night we found out Dylan will be in the Tiger classroom for Preschool and his teachers are Ms. Christie and Ms. Susan. We also found out that Blake will have Mrs. Sias, who is the teacher I was secretly hoping for. She also happens to be his friend's mom. Our neighbor, Ashley is in the same class, 2 kids from his soccer team, some kids from his previous class. All but 2 he knew. He is excited to start school. We go meet his teacher on Thursday night right before soccer practice. School is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment