Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Library and Soccer


Thursday morning I painted the guest bathroom...finally. It took me awhile to find the paint I wanted and then it took me even longer to get time to paint it, but it is done and I like it. The highlight of the painting project was when Dylan says, "Um, Mom, you should come look at this." I walk over to him and he points down at our back door where a skunk is. He sniffed around our door and then left. We've had bunnies in our backyard and snakes, but the skunk is new and I hope that never happens again.

After I painted, we went to the library.

I had a baptism to go to, so Aaron took the boys to Blake's soccer practice. At this point we hadn't heard from Dylan's coach and there was rumor that they were still looking for a coach so he was very sad. He went in his soccer gear and kicked the ball around with Aaron. After the baptism I came to watch and caught the last 15 minutes. Michele is the assistant coach and her husband is the head coach. She texted me a couple days before to let me know. We were happy it was them because we know them and Blake was in the same class last year as their son. Half the team was in the same class last year so, then another kid Paxton, was in Blake's PE/Art/Music class. Blake is in the white shirt in the picture clearly paying attention to kicking the ball to Coach Jake. My favorite thing was at the end of practice, the parents had to sign a form saying they would not yell at the players, other parents or the coaches during practice and at games.

We found out the next day who Dylan's coach would be and when practice would be. That made his day. On Friday we also had the people I visit teach over for swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment