Monday, August 28, 2017

Kyler's Birthday Party


August 18--Friday, we went to Hawaiian Falls again. We had some more free tickets. It rained a little while we were there, but nothing too bad. We had fun.

August 19--the boys went to Kyler's birthday party. Kyler is a daughter of Connie (who is Blake's den leader and a friend of mine). I dropped them off then came home and finished my talk that I had  to give the next day at church. Once the boys got home we went swimming.

August 20--I gave a talk in church. I was in the first group for our stake at church to participate in the self-reliance initiative so the Bishop wanted me to talk about it. I started my talk by saying  there were 10 spots open to our ward so it was my job to get those filled. At the end of the meeting Bishop told me that 4 people texted him during my talk saying they wanted in, then by the end of church it was all full. I guess I did my job so I think it is only fair that I don't need to give another talk for oh, 7 years or so. 

Dylan gave a talk as well. He helped me write it and he was able to read a lot of his talk. He did great. It is fun to see kids grow and do more things. For me, seeing kids start to read is one of the coolest things. I also taught Blake's class, which was so much fun. Blake was excited to have me to teach him and I love his classmates. One girl said, "Oh, I love it when you teach our class!" Primary is so much fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment